Egyptian Red Party Punch
- 3 Litres (12 cups) water
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece ginger, finely grated
- 12 teaspoons of Egyptian Red
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 1 large lime)
- 350mls quality Vodka or to taste (optional)
Combine water and ginger in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
Remove from heat and stir in Egyptian Red and optional sugar until sugar has dissolved.
Let steep 5 minutes.
Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a large, heat-resistant bowl or pot.
Stir in lime juice and set aside to cool.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Add Vodka (optional)
Serve over ice.